2022 ESERA Summer School Call for Applications
NARST PHD SCHOLARSHIPS
2022 ESERA Summer School
Call for Applications
To all NARST Members who are currently PhD students:
NARST is an international association that promotes the improvement of science teaching and learning through research. Researchers from a wide range of career stages constitute the membership of the association. Doctoral students are a key part of the NARST community, representing future scholarship in science education and research.
As a part of its increased focus on international communication and collaboration, the NARST International Committee will be offering two doctoral students (up to 2,500USD each) to participate in the European Science Education Research Association (ESERA) summer school. The summer school offers an exciting opportunity for students to work with mentors and colleagues from around the world on their research in science education and teaching.
The summer school will be hosted by Freudenthal Institute at the University of Utrecht from August 29 – September 3, 2022. More information on the summer school can be found on the ESERA Summer School 2022 website at https://www.esera.org/summerschool/next-summer-school
To apply for the NARST scholarship the following eligibility requirements apply:
- NARST Membership: You or faculty members representing your respective institution have been NARST members for at least 2 years. Proof of membership is required upon application submission. Proof may be obtained by logging onto your membership information on the NARST website and sending a screenshot of your membership status.
- PhD candidate: You must present proof that you are currently registered as a candidate in a recognized PhD or equivalent program at your institution.
- Letters of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required.
NOTE** One letter should be from your advisor and should provide detailed information about your need for travel funds. Your advisor should describe if you have any funds to support your travel - offered by university, grants, or other sources. Funds are intended to support candidates with financial need.
Applications will be evaluated using the evaluation rubric. Please familiarise yourself with the application and rubric, which details the main criteria that will be used in the evaluation of the applications.
Two doctoral student scholarships (up to $2500 each) will be awarded this year. The applicant is expected to produce a budget for the expenses to be incurred, and the original receipts are required for reimbursement of expenses. The funds will be used towards travel, accommodation, and further expenses.
The total cost for the summer school including overnight accommodation in a shared double room with en-suite bathroom (private toilet), three meals, receptions, and social events are estimated to be approximately 400 EUR. Thus the scholarship would support travel and further expenses.
- Download and complete the application.
- Attach the necessary documents including. The deadline for applications is February 5, 2022. Please send all application materials to the International Committee at email@example.com.
- If you have questions, you can contact the International Committee Coordinator Sonya Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Co-Chair Sara Wilmes (email@example.com).