Graduate Student Committee (GSC) Scholarships 2023
The NARST Graduate Student Committee is offering scholarships designed to cover registration fees for graduate students in science and STEM education to attend the NARST Annual Conference 2023 to be held April 18 - April 21, 2023 in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Scholarships are one-time, need-based awards. The scholarships will be used to support your registration fees and travel costs. Please keep this in mind as you consider your timeline for registering for the conference.
NARST-GSC Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must:
- be a member of NARST
- have an accepted proposal and/or be a first-time conference attendee
- demonstrate some declared financial need
- not be receiving any financial support from parent institution
- not also be receiving a scholarship from another NARST committee (i.e., Basu Scholarship, International Committee travel award, etc.)
Priority will be given to applicants from ‘underrepresented’ institutions at NARST or from low- and lower-midle-income countries. Eligibility decisions will be made based on collaborative sub-committee discussions. Applications which are ranked highest will be selected for the scholarship on a lottery basis.
Those who receive a travel award from NARST and attend in person will be required to sign a release and waiver of liability before receipt of the award.
Deadline: January 15, 2023, at 11:59 pm EST
Application Form: https://forms.gle/fpuP53ybvjHr7BsZ9
Recommendation Letter: This needs to be drafted by the applicant’s Graduate Coordinator or Advisor. The letter should include information about the applicant’s academic standing as well as financial need. Furthermore, the recommendation should mention the financial support that the applicant already has to attend the conference. The applicant needs to upload the letter at the end of the application form.
Evaluation Rubric: NGSCS RUBRIC for NARST 2023
Condition of Acceptance
Notification of Awardees: February 1, 2023
After receiving a scholarship, graduate students will be asked to:
- Submit a brief biographical statement (up to 200 words) along with a headshot photo before March 31, 2023 for use in future advertising for the scholarship.