Graduate Student Committee (GSC) Scholarships 2021
The NARST Graduate Student Committee is offering a total of 12 scholarships designed to cover registration fees for graduate students in science and STEM education to attend the NARST Annual Conference 2021 to be held April 7 - April 10 2021 in a virtual format. Scholarships are one-time, need-based awards in the amount of $100. The scholarships will be used to waive your registration fees. Please keep this in mind as you consider your timeline for registering for the conference.
NARST-GSC Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must:
● be a member of NARST
● have an accepted proposal and/or be a first-time conference attendee
● demonstrate some declared financial need
● not be receiving any financial support from parent institution
● not also be receiving a scholarship from another NARST committee (i.e., Basu Scholarship, International Committee travel award, etc.)
Priority will be given to applicants who are coming from ‘underrepresented’ institutions at NARST. Eligibility decisions will be made based on collaborative sub-committee discussions. Applications which are ranked highest will be selected for the scholarship on a lottery basis.
Deadline: January 31, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST
Application Form: https://forms.gle/wp1Mi92pDgWcrFhi8
Recommendation Letter: This needs to be drafted by the applicant’s Graduate Coordinator or Advisor. The letter should include information about the applicant’s academic standing as well as financial need. Furthermore, the recommendation should mention the financial support that the applicant already has to attend the conference. The applicant needs to upload the letter at the end of the application form.
Evaluation Rubric: Please refer to the attached file.
Condition of Acceptance
Notification of Awardees: February 2021
After receiving a scholarship, graduate students will be asked to:
● Submit a brief biographical statement (up to 200 words) along with a headshot photo before March 31, 2021 for use in future advertising for the scholarship