Nominations for the NARST Board of Directors
2021-2022 Nomination Packet Guidelines
Directions: Please limit the submission to the required materials, submit them in the requested sequence, and indicate the item (e.g., item 1) on the appropriate and corresponding documents. Please attend and adhere to nomination packet guidelines. Please submit all documents as one Word, Rich Text Format, or PDF file.
Item 1: General Information
Please provide your name, position title, institution, address, phone, and email followed by education/ training information (institution and location, degree if applicable, year(s), and field of study). Please begin the education/ training with baccalaureate or other initial professional education (e.g., nursing) and include postdoctoral training.
Item 2. Record of Research
- Please list citations in APA format for up to 10 relevant publications that evidence a record of distinguished scholarship and leadership in the science education community. Nominees for President-elect must include 10 publication citations. This may include journal articles, books, and other refereed publications.
- Please list citations for up to 10 relevant conference presentations that evidence a record of distinguished scholarship and leadership in the science education community (particularly those presented at the NARST Annual International Conference). Nominees for President-elect must include 10 conference presentation citations.
- Please list any awards you have received that evidence a record of distinguished scholarship and leadership in the science education community. Please include the award name and granting institution or organization.
Item 3: Past Attendance and Contribution to NARST Annual International Conferences
Please describe your attendance and contribution to the NARST Annual International Conference over the course of your membership and particularly in the last 5 years. (double spaced and limit of 500 words)
Item 4: Record of Leadership Contribution to NARST
Please list all leadership roles you have taken within NARST starting with the most recent. Examples include: Committee member and/or leader; Strand Coordinator and/or conference proposal reviewer; NARST Conference Leadership contributions (discussant, workshop organizer, panelist, etc.) JRST reviewer, Associate Editor, Editorial Board, and/or Editor. Nominees for President-elect must include any leadership roles as a NARST Director-at-Large, if applicable. Please indicate the calendar years of service, leadership role, and affiliation (strand, committee, etc.).
Item 5: Potential Leadership in NARST
Please write a Statement of Qualification (double-spaced and limit of 250 words)
- Describe how your professional history prepares you for a leadership position in NARST as an elected member of the Board (President-elect, Secretary-Treasurer, or member of the Board of Directors).
- Present your Vision for NARST if elected to the position in consideration.
Item 6: Optional: Other relevant information that supports your nomination. (double spaced and limit of 250 words)
Item 7: Please include a current CV for a President-Elect nominee and a five-page CV for all other positions.
Item 8: IF you are selected by the Elections Committee and then approved for the elections slate by the NARST Board, you agree to have your name on the slate and that you will serve if elected.
“I agree to have my name included on the NARST elections slate and to serve NARST if elected.”
The downloadable PDF file contains a space for a signature and date following this statement.