NARST Fellows Program
The NARST Fellows Program honors and recognizes members for their exceptional contribution to, and excellence in, research and service to the NARST community. The goal of the Fellows program is to create cohorts of scholars that would contribute toward fostering a sense of pride and community in the NARST organization. NARST Fellows are each accomplished scholars and community members whose scholarship, service, and leadership activities contribute to and advance the NARST community. The Fellows Program highlights and celebrates the epistemological, geographic, racial, linguistic, gender, and other diversity of the accomplished scholars representing a range of research traditions, along with their presence and commitment to advancing the mission of NARST.
NARST Fellows will be current and active members of the NARST community. It is expected that NARST Fellows will continue to contribute and advance science education through their varied research, service, and leadership. The Fellows are expected to work collectively to build a fellowship within the NARST and science education community.
Who is a NARST Fellow?
To be eligible for recognition as a NARST Fellow, members must meet the followingselection criteria:
- Current and active NARST membership of at least 10 years
- Evidence of sustained leadership and service to NARST
- Evidence of sustained leadership and service in science education (e.g., service and leadership through collaborations with schools and other community organizations, application of research in practice, mentoring of junior scholars, deep engagement and partnership with the community to improve science education, professional development, social justice and inclusive science education, international service)
- Evidence of sustained research and impact in science education (e.g., development of new ideas, illumination of novel areas, pursuit of a line of work, robust dissemination)
How are NARST Fellows Selected?
NARST Fellows are selected through an annual nomination process.
Nominations are currently open. Due dates for submission of completed nomination packages is Friday, September 16, 2022.
We encourage you to nominate a colleague who meets the criteria above to be a NARST Fellow. The nomination process is described below:
- A 2-page letter of nomination. The letter is written by the nominator addressing the selection criteria. A nominator can only nominate one person per cycle. Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Append a 10-page abbreviated CV of the nominee.
- A statement (max: 3 pages) by the nominee that describes the work of the nominee. The statement should address how the nominee’s work addresses the selection criteria stated above.
- Two additional letters of support discussing the contributions of the nominee’s work (A letter writer may write only one letter of support for the nominee and the letter is up to 2-pages).
- The nominator should submit all of the above as one pdf document via email to the Chair/Co-Chair of the NARST Fellows Sub-committee (firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com).