In this section, you'll find information about special events held outside of the Annual International Conference, including:
Virtual Events Initiative
Virtual events are defined as any event that is offered as either a recorded, synchronous, asynchronous, or hybrid (e.g. synchronous/asynchronous) format. These events may include symposia, town halls, webinars, workshops, short courses, or other related activities that occur outside of the dates of the annual conference.
It is our hope that a variety of NARST Series will develop over time, serving to engage members and nonmembers in critical conversations and productive scholarly activities throughout the year. The current NARST Series options are:
- Presidential Series – planned by current NARST President
- Committee Series – planned by one or more NARST Committees
- RIG/Strand Series – related to a specific RIG or strand topic
- Research to Practice Series – focused on translating research into practice
- Town Hall – opportunity for membership to discuss and interact around an issue
Presidential Webinar Series
This series is part of the Virtual Events initiative to engage the NARST and science education community in productive, stimulating, and forward-thinking virtual events throughout the year. This webinar series offers scholars opportunities to participate in critical discussion about research, vision, and action around a central topic.