Outreach Opportunities at the 2020 Conference
The Community Engagement Team will be hosting a book drive, and a get together for local K-12 STEM teachers to share lessons and best practices. If you have something to share, please do so! Or, just come and help out! We will also be holding a meet-and-greet happy hour! Please join us!
Sharing Best STEM Practices
Date/Time: Sunday, March 15th, 2020 9:45-11:45 am
Location: Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront, Salmon Room
- Kristin Moon, K-12 Science/STEAM TOSA, Portland Public Schools
- Stephen Scannell, Physics/Physical Science Instructor, Gresham High School, Gresham-Barlow School District
- Jessy Chamberlain, Biology Teacher, Southridge High School, Beaverton School District
- Kristen Harrison, Co-Director, Portland Metro STEM Partnership
- Andrea Leech, Chemistry Teacher, Benson High School, Portland Public Schools
- Julia Cannell, Executive Director, Airway Science for Kids, Inc.
- Vickei Hrdina, Executie Director, SW SA Career Connected Learning Network, Career Readiness & STEM Initiatives, Student & School Success
Happy Hour Meet & Greet
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 3-5 pm
Location: Kittelson & Associates, Inc., 851 SW 6th Avenue, Suite 600, Portland, OR 97204
We are also holding a book drive! Tukes Valley Primary School is very engaged in STEM PBL and would love many copies of the book, “What Do You Do With a Problem” by Kobi Yamada and Mae Besommes. It is a New York Times Best Seller and can be found on at:
Feel free to mail directly to the school:
Tukes Valley Primary School
20601 NE 167th Ave, Battle Ground, WA 98642
Or, bring a copy to NARST and drop off near registration in the book drive drop box.
Thank you for supporting STEM Education!